Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I did it, I kicked the habit!

Nine days without any soda. I think I have officially overcome my addiction. We've been out to eat a few times since I quit and it has been no problem asking for a cup for water instead of ordering a soda. I'm so proud of myself because I am the girl that never finishes anything she starts (just come take a look at all the semi-finished projects at my house). Dr. Pepper will always hold a special place in my heart and I'll probably tear up every time I'm in the checkout line at the store and the darn bottle stares up at me from the cooler with it's shiny maroon label and fancy script spelling out it's name. I'll miss you Mr. Pepper! ;)

6 comments:

Michelle and Javier said...

Great job! You don't need to lose anything either, but I'm very proud of you! I'm doing the same thing, I'm only on day 2...and it stinks! I have the headaches too, and nothing you take makes it go away! Keep up the good work!

Michelle Ashton said...

Way too go! I admire you. I am not ready to give up sodas. Although I don't have them all the time, they sure are good.

MerileeAshton said...

Congratulations girl! Don't let that soda bottle taunt you! You are victorious! :)

Miranda said...

I'm impressed.

k8shoe said...

Seriously. You are my inspiration. I went two days with out my drink (Cherry Coke) but I caved yesterday. I should have read your blog! You would have given me the courage to JUST SAY NO! I just need to get it out of my house and then I won't drink it. I'm proud of you!

Honey Girl said...

way to go felicia. i decided to keep drinking coke and just drink more water to counter-balance the effects...what can i say, i'm just not ready for that kind of commitment!